Pecan, Dried Fruit and Chocolate Chip Cookies
A chewy style cookie that is egg and dairy free.
Recipe courtesy of Fun with Allergy Kids
200g dairy free margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tablespoons golden syrup
300g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
180g chopped dairy free chocolate
110g roughly chopped pecans
3 Tablespoons brine from a tin of chickpeas (you can freeze any leftovers)
1/4 cup Annies Fruit Bars (chopped) or Fruit Bites
- Beat the sugar, margarine and vanilla in a cake mixer until creamy - about 4 minutes on high.
- Add the maple and golden syrup and beat for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the chickpea brine and beat in well.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Add the flour, nuts, fruit pieces and pecans and mix in quickly. Don't over mix or the cookies will be tough and chewy.
- Place large spoonfuls on a tray and bake them at 175°C for 12 minutes or until golden brown .